Today I am really tired. I have not been sleeping well, which is no surprise for a woman that’s nearly 36 weeks pregnant, I know. But last night was horrible! I tried sleeping sitting up, and that worked for about an hour. But I have to get up every hour to go potty, and then I can’t fall back to sleep sitting up. So I have to switch to my sides, but then my lower back starts hurting. Last night was just bad for getting comfortable. It was nearly impossible. Only 4 more weeks of this, I hope. Still hoping to go early. Fingers are crossed.
I guess I should catch up with what we’ve been doing. Friday night Jacob and I were supposed to watch a movie, but for some reason we ended up just going to bed late. So I don’t think we did anything fun or fabulous on Friday. On Saturday, I spent a lot of the day cleaning. I didn’t get much done last week since I spent most of the week not feeling well. So I had to play catch up, cleaning bathrooms and doing laundry and vacuuming the stairs. That evening Becca and Juddy brought Sadie over so that she could stay with the sitter at my house. I got Eve McMillan to baby-sit. Becca and I used to baby-sit her and her twin sister when they were just babies, and Eve is now almost 14. Crazy how I’m not very young anymore. It really just sneaks up on you. Anyway, Eve watched our 3 kiddies while we went to dinner with Amanda and Ryan and Jason and Amber before going to the UNLV basketball game. We got to meet Amber and Jason’s little baby girl Jacelyn, and she was a cutie. We went to Olive Garden before the game and then to the game at 7. The Rebels won, so everyone was happy about that. And it was nice to be out with other adults. These pics are from Jacob’s phone.
We were home that evening before 10 pm. Apparently Teagan and Sadie dumped water all over the floor by the bathroom and hallway downstairs while we were gone. Eve cleaned it all up, but then on Sunday I noticed that the wood floor was making a squishing sound when you stepped on it. So apparently water got underneath the floorboards. Jacob just ripped the flooring in that area up when he got home today. And sure enough there was water between the wood flooring and linoleum that the floor was laid right over. Hopefully we can salvage the flooring. Because we aren’t made out of money. I love children and their inability to comprehend that things cost money, and money doesn’t replenish itself just because I want it to. That’s ok, kids – we got this. Don’t worry about a thing. I suppose we could get our insurance involved, but that conversation would likely go the same way it did when Teagan broke our new flat screen TV: “Your son threw his sippy cup at your new TV and broke it, and you want US to replace it?” I know insurance covers floods from appliances breaking or pipes leaking, but I’m pretty sure there’s a stipulation in the policy that excludes damages from toddlers wreaking havoc on your home.
Yesterday we went to church and to my parents like we typically do on Sundays. But we also went to Jacob’s parents before we headed to my parents. And today was just a regular day. Watched the kids, fed them food, cleaned up messes, washed my hair, made dinner, and watched Jacob rip up the floor. It was a really warm day outside, so the boys played outside for a couple hours today. Easton is nearly completely over his cold. My head is still stuffy, though, and it’s driving me crazy. And I want to not be pregnant anymore, but that’s about 33 days premature. Maybe I will by some miracle start sleeping better, and then I won’t feel so impatient.
No comments:
Post a Comment