Today is officially our two year anniversary. It’s a good thing we celebrated this past weekend because I am sick and feeling lousy and Easton has bronchitis and an ear infection. That’s what was determined at his doctor’s appointment today. I think I will keep him home for one more day and send him to school for sure on Wednesday. Today he missed his 4th day in a row of school. I feel so bad for these boys, all cooped up in our sick house, the stench of sickness like a green fog hovering around our house. At least that’s how it feels when you’re sick. Which is why I like to get up and get dressed and do my hair and makeup so that I don’t look as disgusting as I feel. I woke up with a really sore throat again, but I made hot lemon juice with honey and cayenne which is really the only thing that gives relief from my sore throat. I had a prenatal visit this morning at 9:20, and Jacob was home to watch the boys because we had plumbers coming to inspect our plumbing to see if it needed replacing. Apparently in our subdivision there is a lawsuit against the company that plumbed our houses for faulty plumbing in many houses, but ours was ok. And that is good because it would have been a nightmare to be without plumbing for a week. Anyway, since he was home, I didn’t have to take the boys with me to my appointment. I had to wait for about 40 minutes today to be seen by my nurse midwife, and when I wasn’t feeling good, waiting was not my favorite thing. I just wanted to lay down and sleep. It would have been terrible to have the little sickies there with me too. Easton is hacking up a lung every two seconds and driving us crazy with his incessant coughing. I don’t know how Teagan sleeps next to him, but he does. I know Easton’s not doing it on purpose, but it’s really annoying to have someone coughing next to you every second. I hope this cough passes quickly. It’s already been a week. Teagan’s cough is not nearly as bad, which is a blessing. Dr. Baker put them both on amoxicillin so hopefully that will kick their coughs and earaches in the butt.
As I said, I wasn’t feeling very well all day, so I got to do a lot of laying around after the boys’ appointment at 1pm. We didn’t have to wait long at their visit at all, and that was good. I have been so tired these past couple days. Probably from the pregnancy and being sick at the same time. But at least that means I should be good for a while as far as sickness goes. So maybe when Baby gets here I’ll be nice and healthy.
Jacob came home with flowers after work. I love flowers. They make me happy to have in my house. I can’t wait for spring to arrive so I can start planting flowers around pots on my porch. The flowers he got me for Valentine’s Day two weeks ago are still going strong, so I added them into my new bouquet, and I have a lovely arrangement on my counter downstairs.
I sure hope Easton’s cough will let up and my throat will stop hurting. That would be good for all of us. Luckily my husband is doing a juice cleanse right now, so I didn’t have to worry about having food for him. It’s so much easier to feed children than it is a grown man. They’ll eat anything. For the past week we’ve mostly been living on fruit, which I think is important to do when you’re sick. Easton had some wheat thins earlier and had a coughing spell after that for about 15 minutes straight. So fruit and veggies and broths it is until he gets better. He hasn’t had much of an appetite for a week now anyway. So he and Teags have been living off oranges and green apples and green beans.
That’s all for today. Happy anniversary to my wonderful husband, glad we got to celebrate this past weekend. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment