Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wellness Challenge

Well I rarely write on my blog anymore - I've been so busy with pictures and being a newlywed that I don't have the time, but I feel like it's time for things to settle down. So my super cute, super fun, super talented friend Kim from Meridian (miss those Meridian ladies!) put together a wellness challenge that over 100 people have joined in. Me being one of them. Check it out here.

For one of the points you have to make a personal goal for the week. This week my personal goal will be to cook dinner 4 out of the 7 days. I've been so busy with pictures and getting settled in with my new wonderful husband that I haven't been the best at cooking dinner. So I'm determined - bought all the ingredients today - to please my man in the kitchen :).

Hopefully I'll be able to write something each day on the blog as journaling is a point in the challenge as well. But I'm off to get the boys in bed. I did well on day 2 of the challenge though, and I feel terrific! The challenge goes from May 17th to August 22nd, and I'm really going to try to keep at it. I'm grateful for the blessings that I have in my life - my sweet boys and my wonderful husband. He is an answer to prayers. When I thought that I had lost everything - a whole, complete "functional" family and the blessings of an eternal family - and would never have the things that I wanted, Jacob and I became friends. And from there he took me and my boys in and gives us all the love and support we need. Love him. Love my boys. And I'm finally seeing everything fall into place. I know that all of this is the Lord's merciful answer to all of my pleadings. I can feel His love and His complete awareness of me and my sweet little family. I'm just grateful to have all of this even if I had to lose what I thought was a "good" thing because now I have the absolute best things.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am so excited about you writing on your blog more often!
I am glad that you joined the challenge! I look forward to seeing more about you and your cute family and what you are up to!!!