It’s already March. Logan is 11 months tomorrow, just one month shy of his first birthday. He is so cute. He’s so much different than my other boys. Easton was content to sit still and play on my lap in church, and Logan is nothing short of a nightmare for those 3 hours. He doesn’t want to be held. He doesn’t want to sit on the gym floor. He wants things to play with and he wants to crawl all over as he pleases, and that never works too well in church. And no matter what time we go, church is always right in the middle of his nap time, so he’s extra tired as well. But he’s delightful otherwise. Once we moved into this house, I feel like he caught up on everything. He would finally sit on his own, go from sitting to crawling and crawling to sitting, and he finally pulls himself up on things. It’s still later than E and T, but I’m not so worried about him being behind. I like to think of him as just a really relaxed little guy not in a hurry to grow up. Just living one day at a time with nowhere to go and nothing to do. I’m his mother, so I’ll just say that’s what it is. Dr. Baker told me he just have different genes and some babies just do things later than others. He sure is pretty, though.
He is a pickier eater than the other two were. He likes Kix. And pears, any kind of fruit. He’s so over baby food, still loves his bottle, HATES getting his diaper changed because sitting still is not on his agenda. He doesn’t like to be told no, and he can scream really loud when he’s angry. The boys love their Logi bear. He is all smiles for anything Easton does, and he’s warmed up to Teagan since Teagan has learned to not be all up in Logan’s face. His 5th tooth just broke through, and every night putting him to bed is so hard to do because he minute I stand next to his crib, turn on his fan, and turn off the light, he drops his head on my shoulder or lets me hold him like a little baby and looks happily up into my face, touching it with his sweet baby hands (scratching me with his nails that grow like weeds). Then he is suddenly all smiles, super cuddly, and super giggly. I stay in there loving him for as long as I can because I don’t remember the other boys being this adorable at bedtime, and I know it’s going to pass like all perfect moments with your children do :(. He’ll grow up just like my other naughty boys have.
Which leads me to my secret. Well it’s not even a secret, but lately I have been having this weird itch. This baby itch. This feeling of wanting another little baby to hold and squeeze and love. I’m even considering getting pregnant this summer, and I am not ever one that gets that baby hunger. Logan is just at the stage where I feel like I could have 10 more of these little things. And secretly, foolishly, I hope for twins this time around. I don’t really want twins, but in theory I do. I don’t want two newborns, but I I want two fun kids. Maybe this itch will go away before I decide it’s time to start trying. If I got pregnant in the summer it would be a much smaller gap than what I’m used to. I have a 38 month gap between E and T and between T and L. Anyway, this is my problem of the month. It’s not even a problem, really, just something to consider. I watched Becca’s video of Cooper’s birth last night, and it mae me all sentimental and happy about babies. I don’t even like babies. But I want one. Really I like babies, just not newborns. And I only like babies that sleep through the night. I love labor as well, and watching Becca’s last night made me feel excited for my next labor. Labor is my favorite part of pregnancy.
In other news, Erin Hansen got engaged yesterday, and she will be coming next weekend or the weekend after to get her engagement pictures done. Her wedding is in June, so we’ll be heading to Phoenix for that. June will be busy. We have our family reunion, my Idaho girls’ trip, Erin’s wedding, and I think our Edgel beach trip. Our weather has been so fabulous lately, and it’s gotten me excited for all the warm months ahead. Warmth and sunshine are just good for the soul.
My parents are moving to a new home with Becca and Juddy. Bec and Jud are moving in this week and my parents will be moving in by the end of the month. It’s a really big house in Coleen’s neighborhood, and my parents are doing a short sale on their house so that they can get out of their ghetto neighborhood and find something more suitable for them. Something smaller, but with a bigger kitchen and more gathering space.
Our healthy eating has been going terrific. We just finished two weeks of it, and I seriously feel great and not deprived of food at all. Eating meals that aren’t just chicken and broccoli has been the best. I’ve been cooking lots of different things, and we just invested in a Blendtec this week so I’ll be able to make yummy healthy things with that. It feels so good to have my whole family eating healthy together. And I haven’t lost motivation at all. I ate a couple treats tonight, but otherwise I’ve been dedicated and motivated to live a healthy lifestyle and eat real food. This is the best change I have ever made, and since it’s not a diet, it’s one I can continue. I am going to be sharing some of my meals on a recipe blog soon so that anyone that wants to can get ideas for healthy meals that are actually tasty to normal people. I’m so happy about this big change in our family, and I’m also finding that it’s not as pricy as I thought it would be. I have my menu for the whole month of March planned out, and shopping for all the ingredients at once (except produce because I like that fresh) seems to really help cut back on unnecessary expenses at the grocery store.
1 comment:
How cute is your little logi-bear! And yes you should definitely post some of your recipes!! Glad I found your blog
Post a Comment